San Cosme

Fundada por el jesuita Gerónimo Delfín. en 1685 a orillas del río Monday.

Founded by Father Adriano Formoso in 1632.

Fundada: Fue fundada en 1685 a orillas del río Monday
Fundada por: el jesuita Gerónimo Delfín.
Ubicación: Está ubicada en el departamento de Itapúa, Paraguay. 27°3′22″S 55°45′11″O
Características: El asentamiento tuvo que mudarse varias veces por la hostilidad de los brasileños que los atacaban y llevaban como esclavos, hasta llegar a lo que hoy queda a 38 km de la ciudad de Encarnación. Llegó a tener cerca de 3000 habitantes para 1750.
En esta misión se comenzó a construir una de las iglesias más grandes de la época, que tuvo que dejarse sin concluir por la expulsión de los jesuitas en 1768 por parte de Carlos III de España.
Esta misión jesuítica guaraní de es una de las reducciones que aún se conservan, de entre numerosos pueblos
fundados por misioneros en el marco de su tarea colonizadora en América del Sur en el siglo XVII.
Estado Actual: Las ruinas de estas misiones religiosas reflejan una forma de vida y de educación marcadas por un
estilo singular. Se redescubrió casi dos siglos después, declarándose Patrimonio de la Humanidad por parte de la
UNESCO en 1993.
Características arquitectónicas: Este templo sería una réplica de la Iglesia de Loyola, ubicada en Italia. El diseño
arquitectónico de esta reducción estuvo a cargo del arquitecto Antonio Forcada, de origen español, que impuso su estilo propio con arcos trilobulados característicos de la cultura musulmana que en aquella época predominaba en España.
Declarada Patrimonio de la Humanidad en 1993

Founded: Founded in 1632
Founded: by Father Adriano Formoso
Location: a branch located at 29 kilometers of Route 1, a distance of 342 kilometers from Asunción. The city is leaning on Dam Reservoir Yaciretá, near City Ayolas and Atingy National Park. 27.3142, -56.3317
Features: This reduction is perhaps the most changes suffered its inhabitants had to move
four times, until the year 1718 is definitely located north of Paraná, where it currently is. From the Ruins of Reduction Saints Cosmas and Damian are noted for their school, the only one standing and representative of the 30 cuts that are conserved and that there was installed the old Jesuit observatory. The mission became the principal astronomical center of South America. Father Buenaventura Suárez began from 1,703 papers and studies on astronomy. Aided by the indigenous built telescopes, quadrants and a sundial, although rudimentary, were accurate in performance. They carried with them research papers that were released in Europe.
His major work was "Lunario Century," through which they could learn astral phenomena happen several years in advance.
Also worth mentioning German priests who had great influence on the development of "San Cosme and
Damian "in 1742 Father Adolfo Scal several years comes after it the father Johan Gilde in 1751 were able to welcome the father Unger, and years later the father Taddaeus Enis. Latter distinguished himself as the leader of the Indians in their battles against the Portuguese, and the last years he lived in Paraguay was spent teaching agriculture.
Current State: In this science center today a sundial that is astounding in its accuracy. His church was
recently restored for worship with images of great value, including Saints Cosmas and Damian.

Responsive image
Responsive image
Responsive image
Responsive image
Responsive image
Responsive image
Responsive image

Empresa Carlota Stockar de Laser S.R.L Legajo 11.401
Posadas: Santiago del Estero 2179- (3300) - Misiones
Teléfono (+54)3764440300
info@carlotastockar.com